Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Method 8

I have to say, I am impressed. Libraries are utilizing social networking to the fullest extent. I browsed several pages including Facebook and Myspace, and I am amazed. I saw everything from advertisements for special events, tutorials and even invites. Libraries are also using Twitter when they want to promote a special event. The Library of Congress has a very impressive Myspace page including video clips and a variety of followers. This is a great and inexpensive way to promote library events and resources. However, I do think there are more resources available through MySpace. As with any online program, I do have concerns with privacy. I believe, when posting to public sites, less information is always better.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/home.php?ref=home

No comments:

Post a Comment